Saturday, December 22, 2012

Game Two: Feeling Some Pressure


My event pass with an empty Verizon Center in the background
Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey drives on Wizards rookie guard Bradley Beal
Having been blown out by the same Detroit Pistons 100-68 the previous night on the road, the Wizards were looking to rebound in this second game of a home-and-home series. I had new goals I was trying to reach too. I arrived at the arena at a little before 5pm. I felt like I may have been there before some of the players. Again, it was a cool feeling sitting in the lower bowl feeling the quiet energy of the vacant arena, even though it was two of the worst teams in the league that would shortly be occupying the court. I took in 15 minutes of former Duke standout, now Detroit Piston, Kyle Singler knock down shot after shot during warmups.  For this game, I wanted to increase the number of pictures I was pumping out by more than a hundred. My target was 250 shots for the night. After getting a bunch of shots in the lower bowl before the game, I ventured out into the concourse to look for fans who wanted their picture taken. There were a surprising number of Pistons fans, who seemed more than willing to pose for the camera, despite being away from home. In fact Pistons seemed more photogenic than Wizards fans. The Wizards trailed for most of the night, causing the home crowd to be a little disgruntled, but given that they'd only won 3 games, no one could really expect too much. I got a full self-guided tour of the arena, and was able to visit every level, snapping over my target goal of pictures. I must have been working pretty hard to pump shots out tonight, because before I knew it, the game was over. Charlie Villanueva contributed 19 points and 7 rebounds off the bench, while Rodney Stuckey had 18 points and 8 assists for Detroit. Another Wizards loss, falling 96-87 to the lowly Pistons, despite Jordan Crawford's 21 points and 6 dimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment